Tire Fee Exemptions
A tire is exempt from recycling fees if:
- The tire has a regular retail value (non-sale price) of less than $30 (exclusive of HST). If the tire was sold on a vehicle or piece of equipment, then use the tire’s replacement value.
- The tire is less than 8” or greater than 24.5” in rim size.
- The tire is not air-filled.
- The tire is used on a powered cycle, wheelchair or medical motorized device.
- The tire is used on an aircraft, wheelbarrow or other human or animal powered device.
- The tire is recapped, retreaded or used. Tires on a vehicle imported into New Brunswick are subject to the tire-recycling fee.
- The tire is designated with a tread code of C (Compactor), E (Earthmoving), G (Grader), L (Loader) or IND (Industrial).